Home > An Unexpected > An Unexpected Error Occurred During Command Execution - Ms Project

An Unexpected Error Occurred During Command Execution - Ms Project

This sounds exactly like what is happening to us. Yes so far so good actually, our most heavily affected customer who ended up with the pre-release hotfix mentioned above has not had the issue reoccur since installing. If your file is from an earlier version … save in MPX format …) After selecting Ok, any subsequent attempts to save report the following error: (Text: An unexpected error Problem: For no apparent reason when attempting to Save a project from Microsoft Project Professional 2007 to the Project Server 2010 the following error is displayed: (Text for Google: The file http://dukesoftwaresolutions.com/an-unexpected/an-unexpected-error-occurred-during-command-execution-project.html

Do you know if the fix has been released by microsoft yet? Have you found out if the Oct2010 CU addresses the issue you mentioned in the 2007 client? (unexpected command execurtion error in saving etc) thanks David. So now we are definitely recommending to all customers to upgrade 2007 clients. It seems that the 2010 client has better error handling / correcting or perhaps that the 2007 client is introducing some errors! http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_project-mso_other/an-unexpected-error-occurred-during-command/47a6ba20-bc94-4120-850c-16d3184aac9e

Home Blog Apps Bulk Edit Holiday Sync Support Bulk Edit Holiday Sync Config Tool Support Contact Copyright Privacy Select Page Error saving projects to Project Server Thanks! Its like a reflection of some of the issues we are seeing over here. Martin Megan Krewson on March 3, 2011 at 1:46 am Thank you for publishing this issue and fix!

Swaminathan on November 3, 2011 at 4:55 am Thanks ton. Also it’s worth noting that once the error appears on one client, all clients will be unable to save the project. Cause: Unknown at this stage, although it is definitely some sort of corruption, likely in the Resource Sheet which can be proved by deleting all resources and resaving which will work Personally I'm using the December update for most of my customers but looking to move to the Feb one now..

I tried searching their website, but I couldn't find any information on it. Martin Laukkanen on November 27, 2010 at 8:28 am Hi David, Good to hear from you David, been a while since we spoke back in my good old MS days, I We installed SP3 for Microsoft Project Professional 2007 and the issue was fixed. Resolution: We’ve (as in we at EPM Partners) have spent many hours on this issue with Microsoft as it seriously impacted one of Microsoft’s largest Asia-Pac 2010 customers, in the end

So there is light at the end of the tunnel, however the problem is not yet closed, so far with over a week of testing post-cu this issue hasn’t reoccurred, but Thanks again, Swaminathan B Search for: Recent Posts New Project CSOM library sneak-peak Creating Project Tasks in a SPD Workflow Customising PDP Navigation Create a project site based on a custom Finally it is definitely not related to legacy projects, I have seen it occur on a test dozen line project based on a blank template. Megan Martin Laukkanen on March 10, 2011 at 11:20 am Hi, Yes the fix was included in the October 2010 Project Pro CU update, so you could find it in any